Home arrow News arrow Fourteen die after eating toxic sardines in Madagascar
Fourteen die after eating toxic sardines in Madagascar Print E-mail
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Post by Administrator   
พฤหัสบดี, 07 เมษายน 2011

From BBC News

At least 14 people have died in Madagascar after eating toxic sardines.

Officials say more than 120 people remain seriously ill after the incident in the south-western town of Toliara.

The government sent its condolences to the victims' families, promising to foot the medical bills of those being treated in hospital.

Image

Samples of the sardines have been sent for analysis

 

Samples of the sardines have been sent for analysis. In previous incidents, researchers said the contaminated sardines had eaten poisonous seaweed.

They say seaweed has proliferated among Madagascar's coral reefs as global warming changes the sea conditions.

< Previous   Next >